This Is A Sample Of Sticky Post


The Problem is: to do this trick, we must use HTML code to make up the text... But don't worry, if you are not capable with HTML Codes, there are simple and fast way to make your sticky post without learn it. Use your "New Post" to make a sample of your sticky post, set the display as close as your real post, use the Preview to check your sticky post display then copy-paste into your content collumn text add gadget.

Learn how to make this sticky post in http://doit2us.blogspot.com/2010/02/how-to-make-sticky-post-in-your-blogger.html

How To Make A Scrollbar In Your Blogger Widgets I : In Second

>> Wednesday, April 7, 2010

There are several ways to customize the look of widgets that are too long in our blog pages. Two of them have been discussed in How To Make A Dropdown List I and II.

If in How To Make A Dropdown List I and II. we abbreviate the display of labels and other widgets with a dropdown list, then in this article we will discuss how to adjust our widget display in the form of scrollbar.


According to Wikipedia, a scrollbar (Also known as a handle in the very first GUIs) is a graphical object in a graphical user interface (GUI) with which continuous text, pictures or anything else can be scrolled  including time in video applications, i.e., viewed even if it does not fit into the space in a computer display, window, or viewport.

With scrollbarr method, we can set how long the display of our widgets, so that the view from our blog pages will become more neatly arranged.

Actually, it's very easy to make a scrollbar in our widget.  Log in to your Blogger Blog, Go to your Dashboard >> Layout >> Edit HTML and find /* Sidebar Content */ (in some case, may be you'll found like mine, with ----- ), we only need to add this simple script code. just below /* Sidebar Content */
/* Sidebar Content
----------------------------------------------- */

.sidebar .widget{
height:250px;
overflow:auto;
}
This is my blog page views before :
And this is after :
We can set the height of the scrollbar to fit our blog page by change the value 250 (px), Please try  to change into 200px or 300px, you'll know the differences and will be found your match lenght...

When there is a sentence in the widget contents that exceed the sidebar limit, like in my NEW BLOGGER TIPS LABELS, then there will be a horisontal scrollbar automatically show up.

If you want to (I personally do not need it because there is already wide settings sidebar), you can also add Horisontal Scrollbar deliberately to set the width of the widget, by copy this script code width: 200px; (change the number 200 as you want) and paste right under height:250px;, so it will look like,
/* Sidebar Content
----------------------------------------------- */
.sidebar .widget{
height:250px;
width:200px;
overflow:auto;
}
ATTENTION : This trick will set all of our widget in sidebar being a scrollbar mode, So please make sure if you have installed widgets from third parties (like Google Adsense), this scrollbar tricks does not violate their Term Of Service or their rules. I am not responsible if you get in trouble because of this trick...!!!

To overcome those problems, we can make a scrollbar in our blogger widget separately one by one... We will discuss it soon in my next post.. How To Make A Scrollbar In Your Blogger Widgets II and III.

37 comments:

guislhain plaisir April 8, 2010 at 1:33 AM  

Thank you for this howto. I tried this on my blog and it looks terrific! Nevertheless I would like to know how to change the theme of the bar and where to find more original ones.

omega shipping April 14, 2010 at 6:01 AM  

Thanks for this post.It really helped me.

Maya April 20, 2010 at 6:29 AM  

Valuable tutorial. It will help me to give my blog a new look.

Thanks for the idea.

accident claims company August 10, 2011 at 4:42 PM  

I’m not much into reading, but somehow I got to read many articles in your webpage. Its fantastic how interesting it is for me to visit you very often.

whiplash claim August 25, 2011 at 7:30 PM  

Your post is always valuable. Keep this up..

what is an iva October 3, 2011 at 11:19 PM  

Thanks a lot, it is really useful to me.

whiplash compensation October 20, 2011 at 10:53 PM  

I can find useful information from this.

Computer Room Monitoring November 27, 2011 at 11:47 PM  

I really like your website. You have written great information and interesting content. I am appreciating it very much!

Anonymous,  December 19, 2011 at 3:26 PM  

I've surf the internet more than three hours today, and your blog was the coolest of all. Thanks a lot; it is really useful to me.

Modeling Advice

debt management companies December 20, 2011 at 9:36 PM  

I concur in your conclusions and will eagerly look forward to your future updates.

Anonymous,  December 25, 2011 at 10:39 PM  

What a pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon. Big thanks for the useful info.

Interfacenetwork.com

Seo Melbourne January 6, 2012 at 2:23 AM  

This truly is a very important blog. Thanks for sharing this valuable information with us.

Anonymous,  January 17, 2012 at 3:20 AM  

We really enjoyed examining this page! You have good quality materials. I would help you to come up with websites a lot more typically. In this way, possessing this a suitable web site I believe you'll probably rank higher on the internet.

roller backpacks for girls

Twitter Followers January 25, 2012 at 12:15 AM  

I must say that overall I am really impressed with this blog.It is easy to see that you are impassioned about your writing. I wish I had got your ability to write. I look forward to more updates and will be returning.

Buy targeted facebook fan January 29, 2012 at 11:42 PM  

Such a very useful article. Very interesting to read this article. I would like to thank you for the efforts you had made for writing this awesome article.

get views on youtube January 31, 2012 at 2:01 AM  

Really informative post. This blog provide very useful information for everyone and thanks for sharing.

buy youtube views January 31, 2012 at 9:12 PM  

I wanted to thank you for this excellent read!! I definitely enjoyed every little bit of it. I have you bookmarked your site to check out the new stuff you post.

Anonymous,  February 2, 2012 at 2:28 AM  

I have to examine newer posts and talk about my thoughts with you.

olympic paints

Mini Cooper Reviews February 7, 2012 at 6:07 PM  

That is an awfully astounding column that have posted. Thanks a lot for that fantastically amazing post!

tankless water heaters February 8, 2012 at 4:36 AM  

This kind of truly touches my personal awareness seriously. My partner and i in no way had went to a kind of blog which includes the information of the website. The web layout genuinely refers the entire topic with the writer. Thanks for discussing this kind of impressing publish.

dentist clifton February 16, 2012 at 3:47 PM  

Thank you for this article. That's all I can say. You most definitely have made this blog into something special. You clearly know what you are doing; you've covered so many bases. Thanks!

custom builders in Boise February 19, 2012 at 7:08 PM  

It is great to have the opportunity to read a good quality article with useful information on topics that plenty are interested on. The points that the data stated are all first hand on actual experiences even help more. Go on doing what you do as we enjoy reading your work.

compare health insurance AL February 28, 2012 at 6:10 PM  

I have gone through the article and found interesting information helped me in getting the best answer that I am looking for.

Steve Waters Vancouver February 29, 2012 at 4:09 PM  

This is an extremely practical presentation that gives great examples of how to engage people in executing the plan. I found this very insightful. Well done and thank you.

Steve Waters Vancouver March 13, 2012 at 10:13 PM  

There are certainly a lot of details like that to take into consideration. All are good pints to consider for. I now consider the thoughts above as general inspiration.

dentist brooklyn ny March 21, 2012 at 4:49 PM  

I am posting here just to let you know that you are doing a great job by keeping us posted about this. Please keep on posting such quality articles as this is a rare thing to find these days.

homeopathic adhd remedies March 28, 2012 at 2:59 AM  

I’ve been traveling to your site for some time today and i also always locate a treasure with your brand new content. Appreciate your expressing!

gourmet coffee March 28, 2012 at 6:16 AM  

Recently i discovered your own post and possess been recently reading through along. I must convey our love of one's producing expertise as well as capability to create readers examine in the first place to the conclusion. I must read modern articles and share our ideas along with you.

Plasma vs LED April 19, 2012 at 2:51 AM  

We've surf the world wide web greater than 3 several hours these days, as well as your weblog had been the best of all. Many thanks; it is definitely helpful to us.

xbr55hx929 vs un55d8000 April 22, 2012 at 8:55 PM  

This is the invaluable site and that i are finding reliable information the following and i also truly take pleasure in your initiatives from the writer with this dissertation with regard to sharing great concepts. Many thanks!

Plastic Surgeons New York City May 24, 2012 at 8:09 PM  

I feel strongly about it as well as I take pleasure in learning regarding this theme.

click here May 28, 2012 at 11:37 PM  

The passion of blogging in this website shows a lot what kind of personality has the blogger. Congrats for a job well done. I salute your article content!

A.salam June 8, 2012 at 3:48 AM  

for another simple method visit Blog for Admins

Start Business in Delhi March 9, 2015 at 2:22 AM  

I certainly agree to some points that you have discussed on this post. I appreciate that you have shared some reliable tips on this review.

Setup Business in Delhi March 9, 2015 at 2:26 AM  

Very interesting blog. A lot of blogs I see these days don't really provide anything that attract others, but I'm most definitely interested in this one. Just thought that I would post and let you know.

Start Business in Delhi March 13, 2015 at 3:57 AM  

I really appreciate your professional approach. These are pieces of very useful information that will be of great use for me in future.

Mobile App Developers August 7, 2015 at 2:10 AM  

I really appreciate your professional approach. These are pieces of very useful information that will be of great use for me in future.

Post a Comment

 

  © New Blogger Tips For Us Free Blogger Template by Mc 2010.

Back to TOP